Refund and Returns Policy
Customer Return Policy
Smart Alphabet is happy to serve customer and fulfil their requirements. If customer receives any product which fulfils the below mentioned criterion, customer is eligible for return / exchange:
- Product is used/altered/Defective product.
- Physical / in-transit damage to the product.
- Branded product received seal opened.
- Empty packet/some items or accessories are missing.
- Significant difference found in Smart Alphabet website as comparison to product.
- Wrong item sent.
Customer is not eligible for return/exchange if
- Its “No longer needed”.
- Customer tried to handle the industrial product and unable to use it which promotes any tear/damage.
- Made to Product (on demand) will not be returned.
Guidelines for Return/Exchange:
- For Products purchased on Smart Alphabet, in the event the customer has any concern with the Product, the customer shall raise Return/Exchange request within 7 days of product delivery. In case product is damaged or wrong item has been sent, raise the request within 48 hours of product Delivery.
- Customer must share video with Customer care team while opening the package in case of Empty Package/Quantity issue.
- Customer must share photographs (Exterior image of the box from all sides, Interior image with packaging, damaged product image, image of the shipping label) with Customer care team in case of damaged or wrong product (Videography will be highly appreciated) within 48 hours of delivery.
- In case of Industrial goods return will be accepted only in case of wrong, defective, damaged product.
- In Case of Faulty electronics product, customer need to contact nearest service centre for repair/ replacement.
- All products must be in new and unopened condition with all the original packing, tags, inbox literature, warranty/ guarantee card, freebies and accessories including keys, straps and locks intact.
- Smart Alphabet shall endeavour to process the customer refund within 7 (Seven) working days from the date of request made to the Customer Care team.
- The refunds in accordance with the above guidelines shall be as per the following:
- In case of pre-paid order, the refund will be processed through payment gateway or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India and will reflect in same account of customer buying the Product from where customer has paid the transaction amount.
- For cash on delivery transactions, refunds, if any, will be made via demand draft/NEFT/Cheque etc. in favour of the customer buying the Products, as per the details provided by the customer.
- The customer buying the Products will not be charged for the pickup, and no other deductions shall be made on refunds confirmed to the customer buying the Product.
- Refunds / Returns shall NOT be allowed in the following cases:
- Return request is made outside the specified time frame of 7 days as specified above.
- In case where price tags, labels, original packing, freebies and accessories, box are missing.
- If the Product is damaged by the customer, in any manner as may be determined by Smart Alphabet at its sole discretion.
- If Product has been used by the customer.
- If Product sold as combo/sets cannot be returned as individual Product.
I’ve still not received the refund to my bank account. Why?
- If you have received a mail/message from us confirming your refund request then rest assured that we have initiated your refund request and are following up with financial organisations for the same.
- Sometimes financial organisations take a longer time to process the refund request. However, if the refund hasn’t happened by the date we promised, you can contact us. We will gladly help you.
When are Refunds provided?
- We work to provide the most hassle-free online shopping experience. You are covered and your money safe. We initiate the refund process as soon as we receive the details.
- Damaged products are returned to our warehouse and has been quality checked.
I paid the amount upfront while purchasing product from Smart Alphabet, how do I get the refund?
- Your payment is secured. In case of prepaid orders (paid through credit card/debit card/net banking), the amount is refunded in the same account as you had made payment from within 7-10 working days
I paid cash on delivery, how would I get the refund?
- If the mode of payment was cash on delivery (COD), we will initiate a NEFT bank transfer to your bank account. Smart Alphabet will contact you for your bank account details. It normally takes 7-10 days for your money to get reflected in your bank account.
What are the details you require to process NEFT refund?
- Once you agree for NEFT refund, you will receive an email from Smart Alphabet customer support team asking for.
- Bank Name
- Account Number
- Account Holder’s name
- IFSC code
- Location of the Bank. We initiate refund process as soon as we receive the details from you and it takes 7-10 working days for the money to be credited to your account.
Can I ask for NEFT refund if I paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking?
- No, in case you paid via credit card/debit card/net banking, the amount will be refunded in the same account as you had made payment from.
How long will it take to refund?
- It takes 7-10 working days for the money to be credited to your account.
What are the modes of payment for purchasing on Smart Alphabet.com? What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept the following modes of payment:
- Debit/Credit Cards/Net banking of all major banks
- Cash On Delivery (COD)
What is COD (Cash On Delivery)? Are there any additional charges for COD orders?
- COD refers to Cash On Delivery. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a Credit/Debit card or online shopping is not your forte. If you are not comfortable making an online payment on Smart Alphabet.com, you can opt for the Cash on Delivery (C-o-D) payment method instead. Smart Alphabet offers you the option of paying for the purchase at your doorstep. Just place your order and make cash payment to our COD partner upon the delivery of your item.
- Not all deals/products have COD option. Please check the deal page before buying. Smart Alphabet does not offer COD at all locations. Please enter your pin code to check the availability of COD option at your location.
How do I place Cash on Delivery (C-O-D) order?
- All items that have the “Cash on Delivery Available” icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery.
- Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select “Pay By Cash on Delivery”. Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
- Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Can I pay COD (Cash On Delivery) for every product I buy on Smart Alphabet?
- For most of the products, COD is available and is mentioned on the product page. However, due to logistics concern, this option might not be available for few products.
How can I pay if COD option is not available on my address?
- If COD option is not available on your address you can always opt for Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card. In case you don’t have a Net Banking or Debit Card options please contact your bank for Debit Card/Credit Card issue.
Why isn’t COD available to me?
- Cash on Delivery (COD) option is not offered by our Courier partners at few serviceable locations. Hence, based on your location COD option may not be available to you. However, you can always opt for payment through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card.
- We also restrict Cash on Delivery facility for certain customers based on our long-term experience. To know more, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
How do I pay using a credit/debit card?
- Credit cards:
- We accept payments made using Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
- To pay using your credit card at checkout, you will need your card number, expiry date, three-digit CVV number (found on the backside of your card). After entering these details, you will be redirected to the bank’s page for entering the online 3D secure password.
- Debit cards:
- We accept payments made using Visa, MasterCard and Maestro debit cards.
- To pay using your debit card at checkout, you will need your card number, expiry date (optional for Maestro cards), three-digit CVV number (optional for Maestro cards). You will then be redirected to your bank’s secure page for entering your online password (issued by your bank) to complete the payment.
Is it safe to use my credit/debit card on Smart Alphabet?
- Your online transaction on Smart Alphabet is secure with the highest levels of transaction security currently available on the Internet. Smart Alphabet uses Razorpay as a payment gateway to protect your card information while securely transmitting it to the respective banks for payment processing.
- All credit card and debit card payments on Smart Alphabet are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways managed by leading banks. Banks now use the 3D secure password service for online transactions, providing an additional layer of security through identity verification.
What is a 3D secure password?
- The 3D secure password is implemented by VISA and MasterCard in partnership with card issuing banks under the “Verified by VISA” and “Mastercard SecureCode” services, respectively.
- The 3D Secure password adds an additional layer of security through identity verification for your online credit/debit card transactions. This password, which is created by you, is known only to you. This ensures that only you can use your card for online purchases.
What steps does Smart Alphabet take to prevent card fraud?
- Smart Alphabet realizes the importance of a strong fraud detection and resolution capability. We and our online payments partners monitor transactions continuously for suspicious activity and flag potentially fraudulent transactions for manual verification by our team.
- In the rarest of rare cases, when our team is unable to rule out the possibility of fraud categorically, the transaction is kept on hold, and the customer is requested to provide identity documents. The ID documents help us ensure that the purchases were indeed made by a genuine card holder. We apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused to customers and request them to bear with us in the larger interest of ensuring a safe and secure environment for online transactions.
My transaction failed but the money was deducted from my account. What should I do?
- We regret the inconvenience caused. Please send us a mail on email@example.com with your transaction details and we will look into it immediately.
- If your money has not reached us, it will surely be refunded back to your account.
What should I do if my payment fails?
- In case of a payment failure, please retry ensuring that information passed on to payment gateway is accurate i.e. account details, billing address, password (for net banking), your internet connection is not disrupted in the process. If your account has been debited after a payment failure, it is normally rolled back to your bank account within 7 business days. All you need is to call us through at +91 91235 08856. Call Timings:- 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
Can I use my bank’s Internet Banking feature to make a payment?
- Yes. Smart Alphabet offers you the convenience of using your bank’s Internet Banking service to make a payment towards your order. With this you can directly transfer funds from your bank account, while conducting a highly secure transaction. We accept payment through Internet Banking from almost all banks.
Can I make a credit/debit card or Internet Banking payment on Smart Alphabet through my mobile?
- Yes, you can make credit card payments through the mobile site. Smart Alphabet uses Razorpay as a payment gateway for credit/ debit card payment. Razorpay uses high end technology to protect your card information.